Honey is a common term when it comes to talk about healthy lifestyle ,but do you actually know how beneficial honey can be even for your hairs and skin???
Since ages Honey has been used as a natural ingredient both for skincare and haircare providing a deep moisturization along with natural glow.
HONEY for skincare
- Moisturises the skin deeply
- Acts as a Pore Cleanser
- Gentle Exfoliator
- Lightens Scars
- Cure for Sunburn
- Fights Acne & Pimples
- Reverses Age
- Adds a Natural Glow
- Hydrates the Skin
- Improves Complexion
- Reduces Wrinkles
- Brightens Skin Complexion
1. DIY honey mask
Raw honey can help unclog pores while simultaneously delivering moisture to parched skin.
- Apply a thin layer of raw honey to slightly damp skin using a circular motion.
- Leave the honey for at least 30 minutes and then gently rinse it off with warm water.
- it easily washes away, leaving you with soft, radiant skin.”
2. Honey spot treatment
If you’re suffering from a breakout, reach for a swab of honey instead of an overly drying over-the-counter pimple cream,Applied ever so lightly, you can sleep with a dab of honey on your face and awaken to less-stressed skin.” Swirl a small amount of honey onto a cotton swab and dab onto your blemish.
3. Honey cleanser
Though it’s not meant for removing delicate eye makeup, honey still makes a good cleanser. “It is amazing at dissolving other makeup, especially when mixed with your favorite natural plant oil and spices.
4. DIY honey exfoliator
You can exfoliate your skin once or twice a week with a gentle scrub made with two parts honey and one part of soaked rice ,trust me this scrub does wonders to the skin.
Beauty Benefits of Honey For Hair
(1) Provides Relief From Dry And Damaged Hair
Honey is very beneficial for our hair because of its ability to keep our hair clean, lustrous, healthy and shiny. It helps in repairing dry, damaged and dull looking hair and is equally effective in getting rid of dry and itchy flakes from our scalp.
To use honey for hair benefits, use it as a hair rinse. For this,
- add two teaspoons of honey and some lemon juice in a bowl of water ( three cups) and rinse.
- Use this concoction for rinsing your hair and let your hair dry normally.
(2) Make Your Hair Shinny
Honey is good for our hairs in many ways and one way is its ability to add shine to our hair. For this,
- mix half cup raw honey with a quarter cup of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture on your hair from root to tips and
- rinse off after 20 minutes. Doing the same on a weekly basis will make your hair as shiny as a silk.
(3) Provides Relief From Itchy Scalp
The antifungal properties of honey make it very effective in providing relief from an itchy scalp. For this,
- dilute one tablespoon of honey with one tablespoon of water and massage it into your scalp thoroughly for two minutes.
- After two hours, rinse it off with warm water. Repeat the same every other day until your scalp is free of itchy flakes.
Itchy flakes are caused by the clogging of hair follicles by dirt, oil, and other impurities. Honey being a cleansing agent absorbs these impurities and provide relief from an itchy scalp.
(4) Using Honey As Hair Conditioner
Honey is beneficial for our hair and can be used as a wonderful hair conditioner. For this,
- mix one tablespoon of raw honey with two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Thoroughly Apply this mixture to the bottom two-thirds of damp hair (from bottom to the top) and
- rinse off with water after 20 minutes. This will make your hair smooth, silky, shiny and moisturized.
Do let me know in the comment section below your favorite tip to use honey in your daily regime..would love to hear from you guys..
INSTAGRAM – the.pinkblushblog
TWITTER – thepinkblush00